Team Strategies and Tools to Enhance Performance and Patient Safety (TeamSTEPPS®) is an evidence-based set of teamwork tools, aimed at optimizing patient outcomes by improving communication and teamwork skills among healthcare professionals. It has become the gold standard in healthcare team training. The Master Training Course is a two-day, in-person course with a train-the-trainer approach. It educates participants on TeamSTEPPS® Fundamentals, provides them with resources for training others, and ensures that they gain the knowledge and training required to implement and coach the behaviors needed to achieve positive results.
Developed by the Department of Defense's Patient Safety Program in collaboration with the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, TeamSTEPPS® provides higher quality, safer patient care by:
• Producing highly effective medical teams that optimize the use of information, people, and resources to achieve the best clinical outcomes for patients;
• Increasing team awareness and clarifying team roles and responsibilities;
• Resolving conflicts and improving information sharing; and
• Eliminating barriers to quality and safety.
TeamSTEPPS® has a three-phased process aimed at creating and sustaining a culture of safety with:
• A pre-training assessment for site readiness;
• Training for onsite trainers and healthcare staff, and;
• Implementation and sustainment
TUESDAY, 9/24-9/25 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the MHA Conference Center in Burlington, MA.
$599 MHA Member Rate
$549 MHA Member Team Rate
$799 Non-Member Rate
This program includes pre-conference and post-conference webinars to help foster learning and to ensure organizations have every opportunity to put meaningful TeamSTEPPS training into practice. We encourage hospitals to send three or more individuals to the training.